5 x 5
5×5 is a free, non-competitive community walking event for people at all levels of fitness and ability. Participants walk a 5km course one afternoon a week for 5 weeks. 5 x 5 celebrates being physically active in natural outdoor environments.
5×5 aims to:
- Build healthy walking habits to increase individual strength and mobility and reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Improve mental health and wellbeing.
- Provide a safe, friendly and accessible opportunity to be active.
- Build community connections at individual and organisational levels.
- Reduce social isolation.
5×5 events have been run at:
- The Lake
- Shell Cove
Upcoming 5×5 Events
- Bellambi 5×5 – register here
“I really enjoyed the 5×5 walk. It’s a lovely walk. I feel so much better afterwards. I recommend it to anyone.”
Bellambi 5×5 participant
Support your local 5×5
You can organise a 5×5 in your local area, volunteer to help at your local event or provide sponsorship. Contact us for more information.