Cook Chill Chat provides education about healthy cooking and healthy eating as well as participant-led social activities. Topics and activities include:
- Food safety.
- Reading nutrition labels.
- Healthy eating on a budget.
- Food storage.
- Gentle exercise sessions.
- Visits to community gardens.
To date, ten programs have been delivered throughout the Illawarra targeting elderly adults, young families, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people and those living in low socioeconomic areas.
Current Cook Chill Chat Programs:
- Port Kembla | The Foundery – Mon 8 Feb for 8 weeks, 10am-12.30pm Register
- Wollongong | Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation – Tues 9 Feb for 4 weeks, 10am-12.30pm
- Warrawong | Bundaleer Community Centre – Tues 9 Feb for 8 weeks, 10am-1pm Register
- Warrawong | Warrawong Community Centre – Wed 10 Feb for 8 weeks, 10am-12.30pm Register
- Nowra | Cullunghutti – Wed 10 Feb for 8 weeks, 10am-12.30pm Register
- Nowra | Family Services Australia – Thurs 11 Feb for 8 weeks, 10am-12.30pm Register
For further tips and tricks at home, join our online Cook Chill Chat Community page
We sometimes found it difficult to find healthy recipes that were seasonal and mindful of food waste. After many years of delivering Cook Chill Chat, we decided to design our own cookbook that could achieve just that! The Cook Chill Chat Cookbook has 29 recipes, including soups, salads, mains, sides and desserts. They are all easy to make, budget-friendly, time-friendly and don’t require fancy equipment.
The cookbook costs $14 AUD including GST and postage. Payment is processed securely through PayPal.