Active Connections is a free initiative by Healthy Cities Illawarra and SCARF Refugee Support that delivers physical activity programs for women from recent migrant and refugee backgrounds.
The purpose of Active Connections is to:
- Increase community members social inclusion through physical activity.
- Build and strengthen community connections.
- Break down barriers.
- Increase fitness and confidence in participants.
- Sustain active behaviours and connections.
- Increase acceptance of diversity to build inclusive communities.
Active Connections activities include:
- Walking and gentle exercise.
- Swimming and water safety.
- Diversity and inclusion training.
- Events and more!
All activities are co-facilitated by Healthy Cities Illawarra Health Promotion Officers as well as SCARF Multilingual Community Workers and Volunteers. We are child friendly and child minding is available upon request.
For questions or further information please contact Elizabeth Boachie: ElizabethB@healthycities.org.au
To register, visit: https://bit.ly/2GNCEfW
This Grant is provided by the Commonwealth Department of Health under the Driving Social Inclusion through Sport and Physical Activity Grant Opportunity.