Our volunteers are at the heart of our organisation. Their skills, commitment and generosity help us deliver community programs and activities that address the underlying social, economic and environmental causes of health inequality and deliver meaningful health and wellbeing outcomes for our community.
We also support placements and internships for students studying a range of studies at the University of Wollongong as well as the UOWx program.
Benefits of volunteering
- Expand on your professional skills and experiences across multiple programs.
- Meet new people, build your professional network and have fun!
- Be part of the team designing the infrastructure of a healthy community.
Qualities we seek in volunteers
- Punctual and reliable.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive attitude and preparedness to help.
- Confidence to ask for help and/or contribute ideas.
- Desire to improve the health and wellbeing of the local community.