Food Fairness Illawarra
Food Fairness Illawarra is a community coalition that has worked together since 2005 with the vision to make healthy and sustainable food affordable and accessible for all.
Food Fairness Illawarra work to:
- Connect and Collaborate – Bring together and support local collaboration between food system stakeholders including local producers, providers, growers, consumers, food aid providers, community groups, businesses, advocates, educators, councils and non-government organisations.
- Advocate – Highlight local issues and lobby for policy and planning development that contributes to a fair food system.
- Empower – Provide the tools and highlight opportunities to participate in building a fair food system.
- Educate – Inform and enable knowledge sharing to drive the fair food conversation across all levels of society.
- Research – Contribute to and utilise the evidence base to build a fair food system.
- Govern – Maintain a coordinated, well-structured coalition to enable collective action.
FFI produces a range of helpful guides for the Illawarra region including guides to local community gardens, ethical shopping and low cost/free meals. For more information visit: Food Fairness Illawarra Guides.
“One of the strengths of FFI is the diversity of its membership, the collaboration across sectors and the passion and commitment of the individuals involved.”
Partner with us
Healthy Cities Illawarra works in partnership with local government, health care providers and other community organisations to deliver meaningful health and wellbeing outcomes for our community. We welcome partners who share our vision and values.