Food Fairness Illawarra work to:
- Connect and Collaborate – Bring together and support local collaboration between food system stakeholders including local producers, providers, growers, consumers, food aid providers, community groups, businesses, advocates, educators, councils and non-government organisations.
- Advocate – Highlight local issues and lobby for policy and planning development that contributes to a fair food system.
- Empower – Provide the tools and highlight opportunities to participate in building a fair food system.
- Educate – Inform and enable knowledge sharing to drive the fair food conversation across all levels of society.
- Research – Contribute to and utilise the evidence base to build a fair food system.
- Govern – Maintain a coordinated, well-structured coalition to enable collective action.
FFI produces a range of helpful guides for the Illawarra region including guides to local community gardens, ethical shopping and low cost/free meals. For more information visit: Food Fairness Illawarra Guides.
Healthy Cities Illawarra shares leadership of FFI with: