We are fortunate to collaborate with various academic teams from UOW to translate knowledge into practice.
We are working with the University of Wollongong’s Sydney Business School to help our regions achieve the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- Developing a regional SDG Scorecard and online portal.
- Using a participatory research approach.
- Working with Shoalhaven City Council (in the first instance) to map their current plans and frameworks and better aligning these with the SDGs.
- Seeking to understand barriers and enablers for inter-sectoral multi-stakeholder partnerships to advance the SDGs locally.
- Working with key partners including KPMG, Illawarra Shoalhaven Joint Organisation (ISJO) and a youth representative.
- Funded by a Global Challenges Seed Grant.
“Healthy Cities staff have contributed knowledge, expertise and an authentic link to community. Their desire to do good in the world, work in partnership with others and support local research outputs is a wonderful advantage for our region.”
Dr Belinda Gibbons, Sydney Business School.