Hidden Harvest upskills the community by providing the tools and forks to tackle food waste and serve up a sustainable food future.
- Inspires and engages people to change their attitudes towards food in their everyday routine.
- Generates discussion and awareness about food waste and its related environmental and social problems.
- Rescues food from landfill and celebrates ignored, overlooked or surplus (by-) products of the food system.
- Provides regular community dinners, market stalls and hands-on workshops.
- Partners with community organisations to create awareness about food waste via public displays.
“I have just learned that tackling food waste is a delicious money saving journey – I can’t wait to start.”
Partner with us
Healthy Cities Illawarra works in partnership with local government, health care providers and other community organisations to deliver meaningful health and wellbeing outcomes for our community. We welcome partners who share our vision and values.